JOIN OUR NETWORK
At SoCal CAN, we value each of our members and the power of networked action. SoCal CAN provides a variety of ways for college access and success organizations to lead, collaborate and advocate together. Through professional development opportunities to collaborative student programming, institutional and statewide advocacy efforts, and meaningful networking, the capacity of our member organizations continues to grow. We welcome member applications from organizations with a demonstrated commitment to increasing the rate at which underserved students access and complete college.
While SoCal CAN places a laser focus on supporting college access and success organizations, we host programs throughout the year that are open to our colleagues in K-12, higher ed, philanthropy and the public sector. Sign up for our monthly newsletter to stay updated on these opportunities!
The Benefits of Being a Network Member
- Robust professional development sessions led by experts in the field, including college presidents and administrators, and state and national government officials.
- Monthly newsletter and opportunities for network members to jointly address shared issues.
- Expanded college success supports designed to reach low-income, first-generation students, and additional programming to support specific populations.
- Opportunities to participate in or lead special initiatives, collaborations, and regional events.
- Chances for organizations and their students to be featured in the media.
- The ability for organizations’ work to influence and shape institutional and statewide policies.
- Access to our member directory and a growing, diverse set of organizations that join together to network, share best practices, and collectively problem-solve.
SoCal accepts and processes new member applications between October-December of every year. Complete our simple online application to let SoCal CAN know about your interest and our leadership team will review your application.
Attend an Event
While you’re waiting for your membership to be processed, attend one of SoCal CAN’s free events.
Contact with Network
Our staff and steering committee want to get to know you and your organization. If you’re not sure whether your organization would be a good fit for SoCal CAN or would like to speak to us before submitting your application, contact our Deputy Director, Lina Calderon-Morin